The Great Gay Tubing Adventure
Saturday, August 15th, 2020
Join SarasotaOUT.com and new friends for a fun-filled day brought to you by My XO Adventures as we tube or kayak down the aptly named Rainbow River!
You'll jump in your chosen vessel and relax as 40 guys & girls meander down the river for the afternoon while enjoying the beautiful crystal clear waters and get up close and personal with a variety of wildlife such as birds, fish, turtles, and otters.
The Rainbow River is approximately a 3 hour drive North of Sarasota, so The Great Gay Tubing Adventure is a chance for you to sit back and relax or have a couple of cocktails while My XO Adventures drives us roundtrip by motor-coach to the Rainbow River Park.
No matter if you're flying solo or going with a large group of friends, you'll have a blast meeting new people, soaking up some sunshine, and enjoying the surrounding natural beauty. The tubing adventure takes approximately 4 hours to complete, so plan accordingly. We recommend bringing a cooler with water, food, etc. for the excursion. Please see Q&A below for more detailed information.
Questions & Answers:
- You will be notified by email about the times of departure.
- Sarasota Location: Our motor-coach will leave from the McDonalds parking lot. 3901 Cattlemen Rd, Sarasota, FL 34233.
- St Pete Location: Our motor-coach will leave from the Walmart Parking lot. 8001 US Hwy 19 N, Pinellas Park, FL 33781
- We encourage you to eat breakfast before or bring food for while tubing or kayaking. Please be aware of that disposable packaging is prohibited on the water.
- Alcohol is permitted on the motor coach.
What to bring.
- Food and Drink: Please make sure to be mindful that we will be gone the entire day. Bring food to eat while tubing or kayaking. The tubing trip is 4+ hours. Disposable packaging is prohibited on the water. There are many park officials that patrol the river and can fine you for having disposable food or drink containers in your kayak or tube. Please don't bring cans, soda or gatorade bottles, Doritos bags, Ziploc bags or glass. They are illegal on the Rainbow River! Please use a thermos, travel mugs, Tupperware, GladWare, and dishwasher safe containers etc. Alcohol is NOT permitted on the Rainbow River. SarasotaOUT.com and myXOadventures assumes no responsibility for fines or loss of items.
- Ropes or Bungee cords: If you want to stay attached with a group of friends, you will want to take rope or bungee cords to tie your tubes together, otherwise your party will separate quite easily as a result of the current.
- Waterproof Bag: To keep your cell phone and other important items dry.
- Sunscreen and bug repellent.
- Coolers: Coolers are subject to search. Disposable containers such as cans, plastics, glass, plastic foam or paper are not permitted on the rainbow river. Cooler Tubes are available for rent. Cooler tubes will fit a standard 36-50qt cooler and comes with handles that can be tied to your tube or kayak. SarasotaOUT.com and My XO Adventures assumes no responsibility for fines or loss of items.
- Your Own Tube: You may bring your own tube and you use their machine to inflate it there. The maximum dimensions are 60" across. Bring quarters to use their air machine. You'll need $3 - $4 per tube. Unfortunately we are not able to offer a discount for bringing your own tube.
- Extra Float: It is also a good idea to bring a "dingy" type float that you can tie to one of your tubes to float any belongings, food, beverages, etc. CLICK HERE to view some options on Amazon.
- Clothes: We suggest bringing a change of clothes for the drive home. There are changing rooms located at the park. We recommend wearing flip flops or water shoes and bringing string or rope to tie your flop flops to your tube.
CAN I BRING ALCOHOL?
Yes and No. Alcohol is permitted on the motor-coaches but is NOT permitted on the river. Coolers are subject to search by the park officials.
RULES WHILE FLOATING.
- Tying or lashing together of floats may not exceed 10ft.
- No disposable containers.
- No alcohol on the Rainbow River.
- Coolers are subject to search.
- Littering is prohibited.
- Divers and snorkelers are required to float a "diver-down" flag.
- Exiting the Rainbow River at any point except the Tuber’s Exit is considered unlawful trespassing and prohibited.
- There are NO bathrooms along the river. At the halfway point - there is a campground on the left. That is your only chance to use a restroom.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Do not engage in loud behavior or disturb native wildlife.