Questions & Answers:
- Sarasota Location: Our motor-coach will leave promptly at 6:30 AM from the McDonalds parking lot. 3901 Cattlemen Rd, Sarasota, FL 34233.
- St Pete Location: Our motor-coach will leave promptly at 7:30 AM from Walmart Parking lot. 8001 US Hwy 19 N, Pinellas Park, FL 33781
- We encourage you to eat breakfast before or bring food for while tubing or kayaking. Please be aware of that disposable packaging is prohibited on the water.
- Alcohol is permitted on the motor coach.
What to bring.
- Food and Drink: Please make sure to be mindful that we will be gone the entire day. Bring food to eat while tubing or kayaking. The tubing trip is 4+ hours. Disposable packaging is prohibited on the water. There are many park officials that patrol the river and can fine you for having disposable food or drink containers in your kayak or tube. Please don't bring cans, soda or gatorade bottles, Doritos bags, Ziploc bags or glass. They are illegal on the Rainbow River! Please use a thermos, travel mugs, Tupperware, GladWare, and dishwasher safe containers etc. Alcohol is NOT permitted on the Rainbow River. SarasotaOUT.com and myXOadventures assumes no responsibility for fines or loss of items.
- Ropes or Bungee cords: If you want to stay attached with a group of friends, you will want to take rope or bungee cords to tie your tubes together, otherwise your party will separate quite easily as a result of the current.
- Waterproof Bag: To keep your cell phone and other important items dry.
- Sunscreen and bug repellent.
- Coolers: Coolers are subject to search. Disposable containers such as cans, plastics, glass, plastic foam or paper are not permitted on the rainbow river. Cooler Tubes are available for rent. Cooler tubes will fit a standard 36-50qt cooler and comes with handles that can be tied to your tube or kayak. SarasotaOUT.com and myXOadventures assumes no responsibility for fines or loss of items.
- Your Own Tube: You may bring your own tube and you use their machine to inflate it there. The maximum dimensions are 60" across. Bring quarters to use their air machine. You'll need $3 - $4 per tube. Unfortunately we are not able to offer a discount for bringing your own tube.
- Extra Float: It is also a good idea to bring a "dingy" type float that you can tie to one of your tubes to float any belongings, food, beverages, etc. CLICK HERE to view some options on Amazon.
- Clothes: We suggest bringing a change of clothes for the drive home. There are changing rooms located at the park. We recommend wearing flip flops or water shoes and bringing string or rope to tie your flop flops to your tube.
CAN I BRING ALCOHOL?
Yes and No. Alcohol is permitted on the motor-coaches but is NOT permitted on the river. If you are going to attempt to bring alcohol on the river please be mindful of the no disposable container law. Coolers are subject to search by the park officials. SarasotaOUT.com and myXOadventures assumes no responsibility for fines or loss of items.
RULES WHILE FLOATING.
- Tying or lashing together of floats may not exceed 10ft.
- No disposable containers.
- No alcohol on the Rainbow River.
- Coolers are subject to search.
- Littering is prohibited.
- Divers and snorkelers are required to float a "diver-down" flag.
- Exiting the Rainbow River at any point except the Tuber’s Exit is considered unlawful trespassing and prohibited.
- There are NO bathrooms along the river. At the halfway point - there is a campground on the left. That is your only chance to use a restroom.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Do not engage in loud behavior or disturb native wildlife.